Our premium banana muffin baking mix made exactly as it should be- as a banana muffin. But as always, we like to add a little delicious twist, and to this simple recipe, we’ve added some extra protein, chocolate and walnuts. Let’s get baking!
Protein Packed Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
So I’m a bit of a snack queen. Food in general is always the key to making me happy, so snacking is the way to continually ensure I don’t enter the realm of hanger. Cue one of my favourite snacks that is actually a treat: protein packed banana chocolate chip muffins!
These muffins are a staple in our baking, of which we get orders of constantly. They’re super simple (especially with the baking mix) to put together and the best part is that they freeze really well (up to 6 weeks). Thus they are the perfect pick-me-Up or throw-in-your-work-bag kind of snack that will satisfy, anytime. I may have eaten these for breakfast and dessert after dinner on the same day. They’re just SO moist and flavourful.
A pro baking tip for banana muffins is using previously frozen bananas. Smoothie bananas provide extra moisture and banana flavour to your muffins, which is essential to making gluten free banana bread taste moist and soft! Bananas also a great egg replacement.
- One Dolled Up Desserts Lady Banane Premium Banana muffin mix;
- 4 ripened and previously frozen bananas;
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil;
- 1/4 cup maple syrup;
- 5 tbsp water (for the flax egg);
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar;
- 2 scoops of plant based vanilla protein;
- 1/3 cup non dairy milk or water;
- Ample amounts of non dairy chocolate chips;
- chopped walnuts to your hearts content;
1) Preheat oven to 350. Line cupcake pan with liners.
2) Prepare baking mix as directed on package. Stop prior to portioning.
3) Mix in protein and water and stir until well combined. Add a tablespoon or two more of water if batter feels too dry.
4) Mix in desired amounts of nuts and chocolate chips.
5) Portion batter into muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes.
6) Let cool completely and enjoy!
They’re THAT simple!
These muffins can freeze up to 6 weeks in an airtight container or stay on the counter for 48 hours. Do not refrigerate.